Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ice Ice Baby

(Sept 2012)
 
"When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it...just add ice" 



This is not just the best quote of all times it's the tag line to the critically acclaimed movie Vanilla Ice Cool as Ice.  If you haven't seen this movie you are missing out.  The movie was made in the height of Vanilla Ice's fame, circa 1991.You may think that Vanilla Ice wasn't popular long enough to make a movie but you would be wrong.  I'm sure the fact that the movie couldn't have taken longer to make than two weeks helps with the time table.  I love this movie, it's so bad it's good and it has the best one liners ever like "yo yo Kat, drop that zero and get with the hero" or "lookie lookie lookie in Kat's black bookie".  Not only is this a great movie but it also helped Mike and I get together.  I love Vanilla Ice Cool as Ice and Mike went to a Vanilla Ice concert so it was the first connection we made (thanks Vanilla).

Last week I turned my love of Vanilla Ice into a fun double date.  Actually I can't take the credit it was my cousin Pearl's idea.  She called me a few weeks ago and suggested we have a Vanilla Ice viewing double date and of course I jumped all over that idea.  So last week Pearl and her husband Mat and Mike and I got together to PARTY.  I had to bring a VCR to watch the movie because it's only available on VHS (I actually own the movie) but it was worth it.


We made homemade vanilla ice cream (get it? hmmm?)



We ate ice cream, popped (or should I say burned) popcorn. 
 
 
Then watched the movie, all in all it was a fun evening.
 

I like doing double dates, it adds interest to our lives, so if anyone is interested in a fun filled evening at a nursing home let me know. Trust me, you don't know fun until you hang with Mike and me.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. only you could take a low budget B movie and make it into a fun date night. I'm glad you shared the whole plot with me so I didn't have to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did Ice Ice baby without me?!? I want a do over! That movie has history between you and I.

    ReplyDelete